Meeting called to order at 7:03 PM
Board Members Present: Pam Reid, Del Shoopman, Lacy Minard, Cece Stramsak, Pat Betcher, Derek Morey, Brian Menard, Alex Nikora, Teresa Rolland
Guests: Doug Macha, Burns Rolland, Deanna Hartwell.
Minutes of Last Meeting: Alex Nikora made a motion to accept the minutes of the last meeting and was seconded by Del Shoopman. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: We have 210 members to date. Deanna Hartwell and Teresa Rolland would like to help with getting welcome packets and information to new residents. Brian Menard made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report and was seconded by Pam Reid. Motion passed.
Bills for Payment: None
Special Events Reports:
- A. Coffee Hour: June 18th was well attended. At the next coffee hour on July 16th Derek will be looking for new volunteers to run coffee hour.
- B. Beach Concert: His band for July 16th has a scheduling conflict so he’s looking for a new one. If not, another activity will be planned.
- C. July 4th Weekend:
- Fireworks: Everyone agreed that the fireworks show was great and that there was less traffic on the lake this year. In 2023 the show will be on July 1st and discussion took place about the rising cost of fireworks. Derek Morey made a motion to rebook with the same company as last year for the fireworks show and was seconded by Brian Menard. A roll call vote took place with all board members saying “Aye” and the motion passed.
- Home Décor Contest: Del is going from 10 winners to 8 through default since 2 of the homes are not BLC members.
- Bike Parade: Teresa reported that the only issue she has was people trying to launch boats at the start of the parade. At the beginning of the parade there were 5 kids and 7 adults but more joined in and at the end there were 13 kids. Lots of golf carts participated.
- D. Annual Meeting: Pam reviewed our outline for the annual meeting and we discussed setting up.
- E. Annual Picnic: Melinda Bradley and Carolyn Costello will take over the raffles. Pat and Alex will work together on set up and Linda Zukonik will organize volunteers. Pat’s daughter will run the kid’s games.
Beach/Pavilion Maintenance Report: Alex shared suggestions on how to fix and stop the rot on the back wall of the building. He’s getting quotes on fixing the outside and is looking into steel siding for the walls.
Park Lot Maintenance: On Park Lot K one of the neighbors has offered to put $300 towards a fence to keep the neighbor on the other side out. There has been a lot of conflict there this year and Alex is hoping that a fence will help. He will let us know once he gets a quote.
Barnes Lake Improvement Board: Burns let us know that the dredge is scheduled to start tomorrow or Friday. They’ll start by laying the pipe this week. We will most likely have one more spray for weeds this year to keep them at bay.
Correspondence: John Nowak reached out to the club wondering if there was someone he could rent a boat from on August 16 to the 18. Lacy Minard said she’d get back with him in the event she could help out.
- A. Lawsuit: August 19th at 9 AM a meeting has been set up and we will have a date for the hearing.
- A. Alcohol: Teresa brought up the concern that one of the houses was handing out alcohol during the bike parade. The club felt that since this was a private household that we weren’t sponsoring it wasn’t cause for alarm.
- Garage Sale: Brian brought up the low number of people that participated in the sale this year. Discussion ensued about ways to keep people informed about the events around the lake. We will work on putting up a bulletin board at the beach, adding QR codes to park lot signs, and look into who mans the Facebook page.
The Annual Meeting will be on July 9th, 2022 at 10 AM. The next monthly meeting will be on August 3rd, 2022 at 7 PM
Derek Morey made a motion to adjourn and was seconded by Del Shoopman. The motion carried and the meeting adjourned at 8:18 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Lacy Minard